Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One day to Beijing


China has always fascinated me. Air Canada offered a great deal on flights to Beijing back in June so I decided to take the plunge and check out the big city of over 15.5 million people. I have booked a hotel (Red Wall Hotel) near many sights including the Forbidden City. I also plan to visit the Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall and Ming Tombs. Beijing duck is supposed to be very good. I will try to keep this blog up to date, but internet is not as readily available as it is in many other parts of the world. We will see.

Hwayto jyen (see you later)
Neil

3 comments:

  1. Dear Neil,
    You will be surprised, how many internet cafe's are in Peking or Beijing.
    Have a great time, and go and visit the street food market in the evening, it is close to the restaurant where the best Peking duck is served since two decades the one I told you about.
    Zsolt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil, greetings from NZ. Great to hear from you again. If you ever get to this side of the world I would love to catch up. ENJOY Beijing
    Take care
    ValM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dad,

    So, it looks like there's a possibility that someone has figured out your yahoo password, because people got an email today from your email address saying that you're stuck in Manchester and need money to be sent through western union. Also they have really bad spelling.

    I wouldn't panic or anything, but you need to change your password asap. What really should be done is you need to call mom or myself, give us your old and new password, and we can change it (our home internet will be more secure than a public cafe).

    So yeah, call us, not email.

    ReplyDelete